At last...

As I recall, during WW2 the invasion of UK was not really on the table.

So what do you mean as 'on the table'? Just that it didn't happen?

In my book it means that it's subject to discussion, so with plans drawn up by Hitler, that most deffo is 'on the table'. More so because he made plans, not just a discussion.

Sponsored Links

In my book it means that it's subject to discussion, so with plans drawn up by Hitler, that most deffo is 'on the table'. More so because he made plans, not just a discussion.
It was never a real feasible possibility:
provisionally
last resort
required both air and naval superiority , neither of which the Germans ever achieved during the war.
Sea Lion was postponed indefinitely never carried out.
no confidence that the plan was feasible,
historians agree it had little possibility of success

You may be shocked to learn that many of the people who fought to liberate Europe were fighting to defeat Fascism, and the cult of hating and oppressing people of different race, religion or culture.

I see hi1 is backing away from the fact that Fascism was the enemy, and still is.

provisionally
last resort
required both air and naval superiority , neither of which the Germans ever achieved during the war.
Sea Lion was postponed indefinitely never carried out.
no confidence that the plan was feasible,
historians agree it had little possibility of success
ooh, written in red! How exciting, shame you didn't answer my question.

Ok Himmy, you're being a knob again.
The reason why I posted the article from wiki was because I disagreed with you - you said it was 'never on the table'.
Please look up the meaning of the idiom that you used :http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/on+the+table

Now, you either used the wrong idiom or you don't know what it meant. Either way, I was pointing out that you were incorrect about your statement that there nothing 'on the table' to invade Britain. There was. It is irrelevant with the point I was making that it didn't come to fruition, so please quit on the quoting, it's not helpful - you are shifting the argument as you often do to make a point that isn't there.

I do not need you quoting stuff at me, I am more than capable of reading, thanks. You did not address my point, you just had another case of verbal diarrhoea.

Sponsored Links

ooh, written in red! How exciting, shame you didn't answer my question.

Ok Himmy, you're being a knob again.
The reason why I posted the article from wiki was because I disagreed with you - you said it was 'never on the table'.
Please look up the meaning of the idiom that you used :http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/on+the+table

Now, you either used the wrong idiom or you don't know what it meant. Either way, I was pointing out that you were incorrect about your statement that there nothing 'on the table' to invade Britain. There was. It is irrelevant with the point I was making that it didn't come to fruition, so please quit on the quoting, it's not helpful - you are shifting the argument as you often do to make a point that isn't there.

I do not need you quoting stuff at me, I am more than capable of reading, thanks. You did not address my point, you just had another case of verbal diarrhoea.

Back