At the end of the day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It gets dark. What a pointless bloody saying it really gets up my nose. Anyone else got any other examples?

eg with all due respect (actually im just going to say what i think so sod respect)

call me interfering if you like but (yes you are now shut up)

lets revisit that one later (what!!)

Sponsored Links
At the end of the day: I agree entirely how annoying this is.

For the last few months I have taken to reacting, when people in the pub say it I say "good night!" and turn away from them!

Also annoying is when someone says "Well basically..." and goes on to describe something far from basic, or "Obviously" preceding something far from obvious...

"Sun's hot today !"

Of course it is - Its a bloody raging fireball hundreds of thousand of miles in diameter !!!!!

"Obviously it goes without saying, but...".

If it goes without saying, DON'T SAY IT!

Sponsored Links
johnny_t said:
"Can I ask a question ...... ?"

You just have !!!

"Can I ask a question?"

Well you didn't give me much choice there, did you?

The saying, ( things can only get better ) or ( it can't get any worse ) how do they know, and the worst of the worst is ( I DO ) :LOL:

The one I hate, and my bloody mother in law uses all the time.

"I don't mean to interfer", and I always think..well shut up then!! :LOL: :LOL:

"I must admit" is generally followed by a statement that really doesn't require an admission of any sort.

Why?!

"At the end of the day" has to be the most annoying one, and there should be legislation to make the word "c*ck" flash up on the TV screen every time some moron appears and says "at the end of the day". :mad:

They could try formulating proper sentences... they're on national TV, for chrissakes, they could at least speak properly :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back