Atmos boiler flow temp problems!

Sponsored Links
to save
a long post I will video me doing it on my own boiler...

Now that's impressive! Thx for calling me back today - having played with it - I had a memory dysfunction & couldn't remember what it should say on the screen! 5.30 on a Friday - not the time to loose the rhythm ! Fitted half a dozen now - really starting to like them but need to get inside the electronics a bit more. I am still struggling to get the service & help I would like. Memories of ferroli !

Sponsored Links
Why is this being discussed in here and not in cc

I initially posted here to see if there were many people ( customers ) who had experienced this problem.

You will see my friend implies that his local installers and Atmos say they have other larger installations exhibiting the same problem.

I was not expecting that it would become an engineer discussion. So I will open it on the other side.

In the meantime, any customers who have had similar problems please add your experiences here.

Tony

Certainly no criticism from me Tony.... I have hit this problem a few times, and I am sure I am not the only one. I would love Atmos to push through a software upgrade (heard about one a little while ago); but it was to overcome the same intrinsic problem of the boiler looking at the S1 and S2 readings and getting confused. Hence why I posted a little while ago that Atmos Inter (and by inference Intergas) boilers are hopeless on thermal stores.

Remember these boilers have no flow and return sensor. they calculate off the block's temperature. I guess it is the price you pay ofr simplicity. When you see it is real time on a chart it all makes sense, and yes, you wonder why the fook is a 26kW boiler only fitted with a 4m head pump.
then you realise that it is the same block as for the 32kW combi, and made for properties with 32kW combi needs. therefore a 4m pump is perfectly reasonable.

Then a system version is released with the same HEX less the hw pipe. But the same pump.

Lets face it - how many houses need more than 4m head pumps, when only a combi is good enough for the hot water?

Any pump will work as long as it takes 240V, and has 1" port, or you fit it externally. Works well with variable speed pumps too.

I still rate the 26HE as one of the best system boilers, I just know that I will have another 4m head combi pump as stock post install.

Anyone needs one? I'm your man. :LOL:

But surely the top and bottom sensors are tantamount to flow and return temperatures?

Do you mean that you normally swap the supplied 4m pump with a 6m pump as a matter of course for most installs?

But what Δ T do you measure on the pipes at the boiler?

Do you balance the system for a particular Δ T ?

Devils whatnot, but could they be putting in a smaller pump just to enable a larger Δ T to be achieved? I doubt the cost is much saving.

Tony Glazier

S1 and s2 are measuring the temperature of the block, not the F & R. Which is why Intergas restrict the data output of the software - they think we are little on the dumb side.

If I think i need more than about 60% on parameter 3 then I will swap out for a 6m pump to be on the safe side.

Hang on... have to relocate the sleeping dude...

S1 and s2 are measuring the temperature of the block, not the F & R. Which is why Intergas restrict the data output of the software - they think we are little on the dumb side.

Hang on... have to relocate the sleeping dude...

I realise the sensors are measuring the top and bottom block temps, however, as they are very close to the flow and return connections in the block then surely they are in effect measuring very similar values to the flow and return temps.

Have you compared the boiler S1 and S2 temps with the contact measured temps on the pipes?

All 4' 7" sleeping?

Tony

Yep the dude is well away thanks.... what time he wakes up is another matter. I am hoping the shiny new white iPhone 4s I smuggled into the missus' hand bag tonight will buy me a lie in :LOL:

As for comparing the two temps to contrast temps.... it might be an interesting exercise, but it means nowt to the boiler operation.

We are more interested in what the boiler thinks is going on.

Can't wait for my test rig to be put together :LOL:

dear all - I've just had a powerflush on this boiler and now have very intermittent heat - my boiler engineer is really struggling with sorting it out. Just checking people are still on this message board before I post the problem. Anyone out there....? :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back