Atmos or Intergas

• Thread starter Brightonguy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boiler is too big.
Yes, that's one of the big problems with combis - you either have crap DHW or a grossly oversized boiler for CH, or both.

Get a correct sized boiler and fit zone valves and pump.
That doesn't actually solve the problem. The heat demand is highly variable, and so the required flow rate round the CH circuit(s) varies. So there are mutually incompatible requirements for a minimum flow rate round the boiler, and a variable flow rate round the CH circuit(s).
Few, to none, of these people who make money from fitting pipes could figure that out.
That's what the debate is about. The ideal low loss header has negligible pressure drop across it - so the different circuits don't interact. But in practical terms, it's not the end of the world if the 3 circuits interact a bit - it's still a good deal better than the normal system with the pump working hard through the ABV most of the time, with plenty of noise as a result.
Got it! Even with a thermal store with a plate heat exchanger, when the DHW pump is pumping to the plate and the boiler pump is pumping hot water into the cylinder from the boiler, the hot water from boiler get sucked into the DHW plate - some are designed to do so. One circuit takes flow from another but does not adversely affect it. The flow rate in each pumped circuit, boiler, CH and DHW is still is not affected by others.

Sponsored Links
That is ballpark and many use that.

The reason being that many haven't got a clue how to size a LLH correctly you fool. (yes that includes you).
Can you tell us please?

15mm header diameter should do for that 100kw load @ 10c delta.
You have never given ANTHING of any use whatsoever

Really??? I don't suppose I'll loose any sleep over it.

i would not let you near my house.

You couldn't afford me.

That is ballpark and many use that.

The reason being that many haven't got a clue how to size a LLH correctly you fool. (yes that includes you).
Can you tell us please?
Idiot, they do it and its works. Smarty-pants can you tell us how it is done? You ask a lot of questions for such a know-it-all, but not once have given anything of any use. A clue...the calcs can be found on Google. A rank amateur here knows more than you. :LOL:

BTW, I used 28mm as an experiment and it worked. ;) In a system that could use only 15mm pipe.
i would not let you near my house.
You couldn't afford me.
You are right, Cowboys are expensive, and all noise and no substance.

Sponsored Links
All rather tedious. 18pages of some google warrior pretending he knows about headers and systems, it must be lonely in that nursing home....what's up, TV broke? Or nurse removed your copy of readers digest!

If I owned this site, I would have banned AlexCarp and deleted his posts!

But I do see that a few seem to enjoy interacting with him so perhaps there are some who enjoy his postings!

Its all good fun really, although you're never sure if these sado's are serious in their ramblings - especially when they have no idea of the professional capacities of the they are accusing of "not helping" and insulting :LOL:

If I owned this site, I would have banned AlexCarp and deleted his posts!

But I do see that a few seem to enjoy interacting with him so perhaps there are some who enjoy his postings!

To be honest Tony, you stand need calling for a Ban!
What with your constant advertising, dangerous gas advice and poor plumbing advice, you should suffer the same fate!

And neither it seems do you.
I did it and tested it. It works very well indeed. You make things up.

So you keep telling us WaterSystems-BigBurner-DrDrivel etc etc etc :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Mad people laugh at nothing and make things up. Come out with something positive for once. BTW, the Intergas pumps is a Wilo not a Grundfos. I looked for you.

This morning when it was cool I looked at the header again. When warming up it appears to act as a semi header and semi manifold. When warmed up, which is quick it acts like a pure header. As I have said, I would advise all to use this but use a 35mm header, which is cheap enough.

15mm header diameter should do for that 100kw load @ 10c delta.
Are you sure???
In his mind, yes. That is about the only thing he suggested as well. He asks a lot of question for someone who states he knows it all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back