Attaching co-ax cable to brick walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to run 20m of co-ax along a brick wall, which are the best pins otl to use please.

Sponsored Links
Coax cable clips. Presuming you are using something decent such as WF100 cable then 7mm sized is about right. Go to screw fix or just Google them.

You've probably done this by now, but if not ...

Hammered-in clips are all very well when there's decent mortar to pin to, but if not I've used a dab of no-nails (or whatever it's called this week),
obviously a reasonable matching colour with the brickwork.

Just a dab every so often to keep the cable to the wall.

Get some decent Uni-Fix clips, much easier than the cheap rubbish available everywhere else! Harder, longer nails and they don't rot when used outside.

Sponsored Links
I used hot-melt adhesive at my holiday home. It didn't last long in summer temperatures reaching 40°C in the shade!

You'd be surprised how warm a south-facing wall can become, even in the north of the UK.

Even low temp guns run at 120C , so 40C should have no effect unless it's from the pound shop.:(

My sandals fell apart while on holiday in the sun at 28°C "in the shade". The straps were held with hot-melt adhesive. It doesn't matter what the weather forecast says is the "temperature in the shade" - anything in direct sunlight gets hot hot hot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back