Attention kitchen fitters and boiler locations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got called out to a problem on a worcester 24i jnr combi boiler. On inspection , the new kitchen had been fitted excellently and looked the dogs ********. But then when I opened the cupboard door where the combi boiler is located, forget the dogs bit and just plain old b*******. The unit had been built so you could not get the front case off the boiler without dismantling half the carcass :evil: Why do some of you do this? :evil: The workmanship can be excellent but is spoiled by boxing in appliances which need space to be serviced and repaired. Come on, a little extra common sense makes it easier for everyone :evil:

Sponsored Links
Wow, nicely ranted there. Is there anything you actually want us to help you with? When we're fitting kitchens we always leave the required clearances, but then being plumbers primarily but with skills in kitchen fitting I suppose we're more given to considering these things. I did have to berate a kitchen fitter the other day when we were subbing for a builder (he prefers to use his own fitter) for this problem though, couldn't get the oil burner out of the boiler for servicing.

Not to mention the amazing lack of ventilation sometimes allowed for by kitchen fitters. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i know this, you know this, those who have previously posted know this.

post it to the chippies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back