Attic radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not working very well anyway. I tried 'bleeding' it. Turning the key, some noise of air coming out - then nothing, no water etc.

Is it low water pressure? How would I go about fixing that?

Many thanks

:D

Sponsored Links
It's short of water! Is there a small header tank, above it somehwere?

If not, your system's pressurised but the pressure needs to be higher.

No I don't think so. The attic is a conversion - (not mine). I don't see any dial on the boiler for increasing water pressure...
Would turning off other radiators help?

You need to find the small header tank in the loft area,, there must be a hatch in the loft room to get to the loft area !!

Sponsored Links
The chances are, if you do have a header tank then the head of pressure is not great enough. You probably only have half a meter of head so by the time the water gets to the radiator there is no pressure to force it through or around the radiator. Try turning the pump up, but beware of air that could be generated by turning up the pump. Yes it would probably help if you switched off the other rads, known as balancing the rads. This will concentrate any pressure you do have around the attic rad, so forcing any air locks out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back