Auction Prices

Sponsored Links
Perchance, are these ex Isle of Man Post Office vehicles?
Personally I'd steer clear of these - they will have been flogged to within an inch of their lives.
John :)

No Isle of Man use bicycles, I think? Definitely no carbon buildup in the engine, first and second gear will be well acquainted.

As John says above, and they usually go for crazy money, but worth a punt a £500 ? As long as its not your last £500, don't go into debt buying one.

No warranty, you are on your own, but you already know that.

Thanks gents, pretty much echoed my advice really. (I't's a mate who wanted opinions) Some of them are pretty low mileage, and I'd be confident that at least the oil had been changed on schedule-ish. Still a gamble though.

Sponsored Links
Its very difficult to say yay or nay really....it just shows what a good product these vehicles are to stand up to constant abuse.
For sure they will only be in the auction because their economic life is over - the clutch and gearbox has to be the main concerns, not to mention things like seats, brakes and door locks.....the vehicle will stop and start every 100 yards.
Different driver every day, who cares? attitude.....it doesn't generally bode well!

For anyone interested these vans were all pretty shabby bodywise, especially all the drivers doors bent up at the hinge end. Viewings didn't allow to even start them up before sale, never mind drive them. And they changed hands for between £1000 and £2200. PLUS 20% Vat. Silly money. Needless to say, I didn't bother. :confused:

It sounds like a buyer was already lined up - maybe from previous sales, and the vans would be sold on again very quickly.
It sounds like crazy money though!

Sounds like Nothing Changes - back in the 70`s ex. GPO vans were going for silly money @ auctions - Morris Minors - . I reckon half the commercial dealers in Sussex got started there :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back