AURO UK - natural organic paints and finishes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to use some of these paints for inside, on walls, skirting and ceilings.

I did a quick search but only came up with wallpaper paste, so I guess not many have used them?

Gloss is a bit pricey..aaaahhhmm

Any feedback appreciated, cheers

http://www.auro.co.uk/index.php

Sponsored Links
Its hard to tell with these manufacturers as there's a certain amount of band wagoning when it comes to paints regarded as safe, clean or environmentally friendly, also for some reason prices triple or quadruple when realistically they are not as good at doing the job in hand as traditional OB paints and leading brand emulsions, a gloss system with this lot looks like minimum four coats so its more labour intensive as well

Personally i'd go with earthborn or mythic, although the mythic high gloss is a very poor shine they have some good products or at least they're more tried and tested within the industry. Also the johnstones water based range is not bad and wont cost you as much

Personally i'd go with earthborn or mythic, although the mythic high gloss is a very poor shine they have some good products or at least they're more tried and tested within the industry. Also the johnstones water based range is not bad and wont cost you as much

I had a look at the Mythic range but couldn't find a product suitable for wood, most seemed to be for walls?

There's a UK supplier/manufacture called Green Paints which are priced at or below their oil based equivalents.

I have narrowed it down to three, Auroa, Green Paints or Earthborne.

I like the look of the whole Earthborne range especially as the Eggshell requires not separate primer (watered down first coat).

Do you have any experience of their finish once applied to say a door?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
I went to the Johnstones paint centre today -

Helpful chap explained the problem of using the Aqua range is the u/c or primers only come in white and cannot be tinted (not enough room in the can).

You can buy a 1 litre of gloss which can be coloured but it may require four coats to cover the b/w u/c.

He steered me towards the oil based as being better and preferred by the pro's.

I'll try the other vendors, if not back to oil based.

I went to the Johnstones paint centre today -

Helpful chap explained the problem of using the Aqua range is the u/c or primers only come in white and cannot be tinted (not enough room in the can).

You can buy a 1 litre of gloss which can be coloured but it may require four coats to cover the b/w u/c.

He steered me towards the oil based as being better and preferred by the pro's.

I'll try the other vendors, if not back to oil based.

What a load of bull. Here's a link that you may be interested in. Note the choice of colours! http://www.decoratingwarehouse.co.u...qua-gloss/30?gclid=CJP23eectbECFcVkfAod5wkAwA

Yup, he was spinning me a yarn, I guess mixing small 1 litre cans is too much hassle for him.

On the upside I had a good recommendation for this paint (admittedly from the seller);

http://www.osmouk.com/previewpage.cfm?bookid=book001&chapter=5&page=115

It's a bit of a hybrid as not water based but uses a safer white spirit base.

Ordered a litre today, if it works out will be a good bit cheaper than other compared to so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back