Auto Air Vent Ravenheat RSF 820

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The auto air vent keeps releasing steam when the hot water is turned on for a few minutes but the heating is off. The switch is set to summer/winter.
When the heating is on the hot water works no problem.
I have searched the forums but find no similar problem.
The bar pressure is set to 1.2. Cold/heating off.
The expansion tank pressure is set at .5 bar.
The bar pressure rises to 2.1 when heating reaches its max bar.
Any ideas out there?

My Trade is Carpentry & Roof Tiling.
Will look to see if I can aid someone in these Forums as I beleive in what comes around goes around.

Sponsored Links
I would look at the diverter valve first and see if it has stuck on CH mode.

Thanks Dave.
Is there an easy way to check this?
Also would it work OK if the heating was on but not if the heating was off?

If the heating was off, but the dv was stuck in ch then the hot water in the heat exchanger circuit, seperate on these would have no where to release its stored heat.

Sponsored Links
OK.
I am running a bath at the moment with CH on to see if air is released from the AAV.
When fished I will turn off CH and do same again.
Will post results.
I assume if Air is released from the AAV when CH is off then the diverter valve is stuck.

Well after running bath bar pressure went to 2.8 when normal high is 2.2.
Still did not release air through the AAV though.
Turned off heating and ran Kitchen Sink for about 4 mins and the bar went up from 2.0, was falling to its normal 1.2, to 2.6 then cut out the pilot light. Did not release air through AAV this time though.
It seems that the air is released from a cold start i.e when CH has been off for a while and hot water turned on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back