Auto timing issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sabre 24 combi boiler fitted with an external room stat. All works fine in manual mode but if I switch the timer clock to Auto and set the room stat the heating never turns off until the room stat temperature is reached. Is this normal? If not can anyone offer a solution to my problem?
Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
My point is that is the timer clock is in Auto mode, then the heating should stop working at the set off time. Do I take it from your response that if the stat is set it will overide the timer clock?

ah, i see. you did not expalin your question that well.

no the room stat has the "last word" on wht temp the rads can get up to, no matter what the timer says.

manual mode

ignore what time heating comes on stay on all the time, untill room stat says other wise

auto mode

come on / off at what time the respective on / off times are set for, untill room stat says other wise

Hot water should be available 24/7, since turning a hot tap on tells the boiler you want hot water, it comes on, but will not heat the rads unless it is time to or the timer is on manual.

please also note H/w has priority over the ch

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back