automatic bypass baxi bahama

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi bahama combi boiler and the instructions say it has an abv (auto bypass) fited internally within the boiler

i have aquired a stand alone abv valve

would fitting this valve be of any benefit to my system ???????

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sure thats what its called?, cant find that in my manual.

If you mean the actuator, (grey box about 3x2x2" with a wire out of the top) that sits on the left hand side then possibly, but i'm sure a) it will have a model number on it, and b) someone here will know better than me.

IIRC the Bahama doesn't have an integral by-pass. The last one I looked at had an external one so I think you may have misread the instructions.

Sponsored Links
what is IIRC ????
the instructions do say it has an internal one but seen as i've got an external 1 to hand wondered if it would be of any advantage to fit...
thanks

what is IIRC ????
You can look up things like that with Google. Only takes a few seconds...Oh, please don't say "What is Google?"

Incidentally, since you have read the manual, I fail to see why your asking the question! The manual makes it clear:-
Bahama manual said:
The boiler has an integral pre-set bypass and in most cases this should suffice. However in certain circumstances, e.g. on systems where there is a high resistance and TRV's are fitted to all the radiators it may be necessary to fit an external by-pass. This should be of the automatic type and not a gate valve or ball type valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back