Average cost of pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just trying to get an idea of what it would cost to point a gable end.
We're in Barnsley. It measures about 60m2. It needs grinding and then pointing. Excluding scaffolding. A quick look on the Internet seems to suggest between £60 and £80 for pointing. I'm not entirely sure if that includes grinding out also.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not sure on per metre rates but they would def include grinding out

if you could say what sort of pointing that might help people give price indications. IE is it face brickwork, stone etc and is it modern rubbed pointing or weather struck, conventional sand and cement or lime or lime putty.

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's weatherstruck pointing on brick. I'm actually asking for a friend who doesn't like dealing with these things, they're not in a good place right now, so I'm trying to help them, but time is is precious and i dont want to appear like I'm intruding. I was hoping that this would be a place to at least get an idea of the cost and that those builders who contribute to the forum would be willing to offer their rough idea of cost. I suppose I'm asking you builders what you charge per m2 for grinding out and pointing. Excluding the cost of scaffolding. Sorry, I really didn't think it would be a difficult query

Attachments

• IMG_20230515_094856_207.jpg
    IMG_20230515_094856_207.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
The only quotes that matter are from local firms that are willing and able to do that work.

It's no good anyone here telling you what they think it might cost or what they paid on their house 300 miles away and 4 years ago.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back