Awful day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spent all day yesterday preparing our shop for the new promotion period which starts today. My managers been off for 2 weeks, I wanted to show her I can cope without her (shop ran beautifully without her, with me, duty manager in charge).

She walked in this morning, decided my displays looked awful (they didnt, just not good enough for her ****ing high standards), ripped everything I'd done yesterday apart (10 hours of hard work) and critisized the tasks I'd set the staff this morning, in front of them. She went around with the promotion booklet, checking all the promotion ends were right, which I'd done yesterday, then went into the office to report several maintenance calls (which I'd also done last week)

Altogether feel like c**p. I felt like screaming at her to **** off back to her old shop (which was going downhill fast, if thats the effect shes gonna have here we can do without her) Stupid cow.

Sponsored Links
First rule of management make others look less able than yourself ;)

Sponsored Links
Could be worse.

You could have spent the day upto your knees in mud trenching an armoured cable in ;)

How hard can it be to make a pyramid of baked bean cans?
You'd be surprised! :LOL:

Get two Heinz beanz cans and try to stand them on top of one another. Its difficult. Without blutack.

Strangely cheaper products come in tins that stack nicely - they have a lip around the bottom for stacking.

Strangely cheaper products come in tins that stack nicely - they have a lip around the bottom for stacking.
Yea why is that? Not just cheaper stuff though, cans of Whiskas stack but a cans of beans don't. whats that all about? :evil:

How hard can it be to make a pyramid of baked bean cans?
You'd be surprised! :LOL:

Get two Heinz beanz cans and try to stand them on top of one another. Its difficult. Without blutack.

Lol , I can sympathise with your situation. I used to work for Currys years ago.

One day, the manager asked me if i wanted to start "CORE" which was the management training at the time.

I quit the same day.

Best thing I ever did, working in retail gave me a better understanding of how horrible the human race is

Sponsored Links
Back