AWM8121 Fault Code - No Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4 Years Old AWM8121 won't complete washing cycle. At the start of rinse cycle, it will stop, and LED lights in Prewash and Speed 0 will just blink. As per test sequence, this is due to faulty inlet valves. I tested with Cold-Faucet Off with just hot water flowing, got same fault code. I repeated the test, with just Hot-Faucett Off, same result. At the prewash stage of both tests, I can see water coming in at the back of the dispenser. Could this be a program error ? Or should I replace the inlet valves?

Sponsored Links
Update:

Removed the cold inlet valve and checked the flow. I compared this with the hot inlet valve flow. The cold inlet valve is flowing very slow. I switched them , with a little hack on the plastic insert that you attach to the solenoid part. There are three tiny protrusions where I have to cut off the third one to make it similar to the other one. Voila...the washing machine is working perfectly....I will try to buy the cold inlet valve though and replace my hack. I'm not sure what is the long time effect of using the hot inlet valve for the cold water...Any idea?

Worked perfectly since the hack, but the fault started again today. Guess I have to buy the solenoid valve now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back