B & Q Barcelona Bathroom Suite. WC sump problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time back I installed the B & Q Barcelona WC & immediately ripped it out & replaced it. The reason was, with the water sump position close to the front, it was embarrasing for anyone to use it. It needed cleaning continuously on the sloping back portion. B & Q are still selling them, calling it a Euro Design. After lengthy correspondance, they would not compensate me for all the extra expense I had incurred. This I know is a topic most people would avoid, but I wondered if any one else had been put to considerable expense because of this problem. I cant understand why B & Q continues to sell them.

Sponsored Links
The Euro design where the excreta is left on a flat area before being washed away is useful for those who wish, for medical reasons, to inspect their waste.

I knew a couple who imported a French toilet for their UK flat for just that reason.

One would guess not. and I can't resist saying that 5h:t happens sometimes!

PP

Sponsored Links
We bought the neuveu suite and the bath was pants, it was wafer thin and broke in my hands. as i was installing it. again no luck with B&Q customer service as it was fine when it left the store.

I now avoid there suites like the plague...

I remember those toilets in Germany at least, it became fascinating after a while, I don't recall any problems with it needing cleaning, it was rather powerful symbolism the way it all shot off when sir was ready

granted it may not have been a B&Q model

Yeas but its open till 9 where as i`m lucky to find my local merchants open past 4:30 so it comes in handy

it's only a shop, even a handless fool like me can see what he's buying and how much for, and it's open all of the time as posted

bernardgreen said:
The Euro design where the excreta is left on a flat area before being washed away is useful for those who wish, for medical reasons, to inspect their waste.

I knew a couple who imported a French toilet for their UK flat for just that reason.
We used to have them over here, in Victorian times .....called a Washout bowl ;) Faecus vide et flushorum

I got a valancia toilet suite from B&Q, when i opened the package at home, wash basin was broken & toliet seat, cistern package were missing :)

Luckily i managed to get it replaced

petetheleak said:
breezer said:
otherwise you would have had nothing to go on

:D :D :D

What a great quote and how true.

NYC out lawed those toilets in the early 1940s even though as an apprentice in 1969 -1974 I did notice some in 5 story walk ups, along with the wooden tanks with a copper box inside and a pull chain.

Ahhh the good old days

Same problem as you had. I raised the problem with B&Q in November 2009 just after it was fitted and agreed with the sales man to have the flush system improved and see if things got any better and if not call him back , I have rang them again today as things are as bad but the sales man I dealt with has left under a cloud .(good news for me I think) A very nice chap on the phone was very sympathetic and would pass on my problem to the Product Manager who will call back tomorrow.
I will keep you up to date.

UP DATE - 16.02.2010
B&Q have agreed to replace it. Bangor store in North Wales. Very understanding. The same problems should be treated in the same way so get back to the store you bought it from and demand equality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back