B & Q prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ont eh 22 July I purchased a pack of (4) plastic feet for chairs at £3.28, this week I wanted some more the cost now being £3.88, a 60p increase :eek: . I have sent an email to B & Q but have not had a response :eek: . I was also looking for some small drawer plastic buffers, the price for a pack of 16 was £4.28. The following day I went Wicks and got a pack of 50 for £2.89 for a similar product :D .

Whats going on B & Q you don.t have the market!

Anyone else noticed outrageous prices?

Peter

Sponsored Links
B&Q is for the masses, same reason the Sun's a popular 'newspaper' for example, most people in the UK are quite thick.

I bought the Wickes professional cordless 18v jigsaw the other week (as I already had one which broke after 4 yrs ) The website said the price was £42.
When I got there the price on the display said £25. When the assistant took it to the till it came up as £42 so she called the manager and he let me have it at the price on the display.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
That explains it then, I bought a cracking cordless driver from wickes about ten years ago, it's done some right work. Cost me less than 30 quid.
Now their cordless drivers are well expensive.

I've noticed for quite some time that B&Q is generally (although not absolutely always) more expensive than other options. I always use Google Shopping to compare prices across multiple shops. Wilkinsons sell tools and hardware which is perfectly good for many DIY purposes but Screwfix, Toolstation, Wickes and eBay also weigh-in somewhere.

Whats going on B & Q you don.t have the market!
As long as they are making money they don't care, if they're not then prices will drop. As quoted from freddiemercurystwin most people in the UK are quite thick, if everyone was careful about spending they will have no choice but to lower it. There's no real price value on anything, it's all about how much they can get away with it

For tools it is worth watching LIDL. They have some great offers, one which comes fairly often is an SDS hammer drill which can be used as a light demolition hammer. @ £19.99 you cant go wrong. I have had one for over 6 years and its brilliant - and still at the same price. The offers change every week so its worth checking their website. Screwfix often have good offers too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back