B&Q Trade Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used b&q trade paint. If so, please can you tell me how to water it down. How much paint to how much water.
I had my front room done a while back and he said, "It's much to thick to use straight from the can, so he poured some in a seperate pot and added some water. It only needed one coat and it's perfect. b&q trade is a bit expensive, but it's well worth it.
Anyone know the proportions when watering it down please?

Sponsored Links
Personally i wouldn't touch B&Q paint with a 90ft barge pole but each to their own i guess.

What you'll have to do is experiment a bit. Half fill a large paint kettle or empty tin and add a small amount of water and stir thoroughly, then apply some by brush (ie cutting in). the paint should flow off the brush and spread nicely and cover well, if it does none of these things and feels 'stiff' add more water and stir until it feels as described. Always save a bit of unthinned paint in case you over thin it so you can just add to thicken it up again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back