B&Q upvc doors and windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building an extension and need a door and a window. I have planned them to be standard "off the shelf" sizes with a door height of 2100mm and a window height of 1050mm so they fit to the brick courses.

I've looked at B&Q and found the perfect size door and window except the height is 50mm too short. The window height is 970mm, plus the 30mm cill makes 1000mm. They sell an overhead ventilator that will add 44mm. Is this a standard extra you need for these windows to make them fit between standard courses of bricks?

Many Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Pro's -
1. None, but could be cheaper to buy - mebbe.

Con's -
1. Transport hassle.
2. Fitting hassle.
3. Conformity hassle.
4. Sizing hassle.
5. After sales hassle.

Just go to a good local supplier and have them supply and fit. Job done.

I'm building an extension and need a door and a window. I have planned them to be standard "off the shelf" sizes with a door height of 2100mm and a window height of 1050mm so they fit to the brick courses.

I've looked at B&Q and found the perfect size door and window except the height is 50mm too short. The window height is 970mm, plus the 30mm cill makes 1000mm. They sell an overhead ventilator that will add 44mm. Is this a standard extra you need for these windows to make them fit between standard courses of bricks?

Many Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike, B&Q sell these frame extenders (packers) which fix to the frame channels to extend width/height. Not my cup of tea, but they will do what you ask, and yes on these standard size windows these type of add on are the only way B&Q go, in plastics that is...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
Because your building the extension you have full control of the opening sizes so surely a better idea would be to pop to some local double glazing companies who make their own frames and see if they have any mis-measures, every company has them and you'll get a better quality frame, who knows they may even fit them for you and give you a fensa/certass cert and even an IBG

eBay also has new mis-measures and good second hand Rehau units etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back