Back Boiler - Heating, but no hot water?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a back boiler behind a gloworm fire. I have never (lived in house 3 years) had heat in my upstairs radiator until this got sorted on the weekend. A clogged up valve has been replaced and now heat is going to the upstairs rads. New problem is that the boiler doesn't seem to be heating hot water for the taps. The central heating is fine, although seem to get a lot of air in the system and keep bleeding radiators, but it is lovely and hot. Luckily I have an emersion heater so we have hot water for the taps that way.

The pipes leading from the boiler to the tank are cold. Yesterday (after finding something old on this site) I ran all the hot taps and the pipes got hot, but this morning we're back to square one!

Please can anyone offer me any suggestions to get hot water from the boiler again?

Many thanks in anticipation!

Sponsored Links
Check the F&E tank in the loft has water in it and the ballvalve in the tank is not sticking by moving the arm about.

Could also be a faulty motorised valve or the flow and return pipework to the cylinder might have air in them so will need bleeding. Pipework to the cylinder flow and return could also be blocked but check the tank first, if you have that is ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back