Back boiler - is this working right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We have a Baxi Bermuda back boiler, it was fitted in 1998, we have been in this house two years now. I have replaced the old manual thermostat for a new digital type, the gas valve, burner and heat exchanger hae also been replaced and its been serviced.

The problem i think i have is that the pump is out of stnc with the system? Though im not sure if anything can be done about this?

Basically the temp drops below what is set on the stat, i hear a click from the stat, then can hear the pump kick in. 20-30secs later the boiler fires.

Now this isnt a problem in itself, but once the boiler has been on a while, it starts to kettle. This only happens at the end of the cycle. I think when the stat clicks off, the pump cuts out but again theres a delay for the boiler to cut out, so no water flowing so it boils?

Not sure if this sounds right, or if there is anything i can do about it? Sure i wired the stat up right, but perhaps not?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You've doubled up on this thread, if you lock this one it will make everyone's life easier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back