Back boiler keeps lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My back boiler keeps ticking over for a couple of minutes and then lighting, even though the timeclock has no program set up for that time. I've taken the timeclock off the wall and it still does it, so there is no short inside the timeclock. Any ideas from anyone about what to try next?

Thanks,

Martyn.

Sponsored Links
Microswitch in motorised valve is sticking

How would I test this? I've got 2 'BGMVSP-2' valves, I've flicked the switches on the front and they roll back in to position, but I may be looking at the wrong thing, but then again I'm not a plumber I'm a sparky . :confused:

How would I test this? I've got 2 'BGMVSP-2' valves, I've flicked the switches on the front and they roll back in to position, but I may be looking at the wrong thing, but then again I'm not a plumber I'm a sparky . :confused:

Hmmmm

Sponsored Links
You can remove the cover from these valves and gain access to said switch with a view to repairing it.I have used aerosol contact cleaner as a temp measure,but in the long run replace the head which can be purchased seperately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back