Back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a woodburner but it doesn't have a back boiler, rather than spending 000's on a new one could I put a small radiator behind the burner then pipe it to a couple of other radiators? Would it work/blow up/boil dry? Would it need a circulation pump or would it work on convection? Thanks

Sponsored Links
google sealed systems, explosive unvented cylinders etc.

then make an opinion :LOL:

its too hard to regulate a woodburner for hot water, unless its pellet fed.

get in touch with a local HETAS engineer and ask advice.

for your own sake, don't try this without proper guidance, you will either scald someone or blow your house down.

Sponsored Links
get in touch with a local HETAS engineer and ask advice.

Agree with your advice BMM, but why would any HETAS engineer want to give DIY advice to anyone? Or do you not mean it this way?

By 'ask advice' I mean seek the direction of a hetas engineer to discuss your options. I highly doubt any of them would merely give answers willy nilly but I'm sure they would be willing to advise you on your options and offer a quote.

The biggest dangers are not being able to regulate temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back