Back Filling ?

I

iDIY

Hi Guys,

What do you sue to back fill the outside of foundation trenches?

The drawing specify the depth and size of the concrete and the use of trench block up to ground level with hardcore on the inner side of the trench block. But no mention is made of the outer side. can i simply use some of the soil that was dug out to create the trench, compacting it down as I fill? of would you recommend MOT on the outside?

Sponsored Links
Soil is fine just make sure you're at least 2 courses below your damp course with your ground level.

Only "Observation" would be that if the ground around your new build is wet, that is prior to commencing the work water was ponding in that area then installing a field drain and type one with a geotextile around the fill.

Just as i say a consideration, but it all depends on the immediate ground conditions

If there are no such issues then as above then as last post re-fill with the so called "As dug" [not the top soil] will be OK

The stuff that comes out of a trench is called the fill.

So the stuff that goes back is the back .....

Sponsored Links
Wasn't there a song in 1969 by Americans Mel and Tim ...........Backfill in motion ?:unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back