Back Pain

Sponsored Links
I used to. A couple of years ago we went on holiday to this fantastic hotel in the Maldives. There was a spa that did treatments etc and I asked the staff if they could do anything for a bad back. They said yes so I has this massage. It was a little painful during the treatment but it cured me.

Since then, ive had no problems with my back at all. All the heat therapy and physio did nothing for me.

I was recommended to use the Bowen treatment unlike chiropractors & physio using bone cracks to realign your spine and you're forever keep having session specially when they are not cheap at £50/75 a time.

I was cured with the Bowen treatment in 2 session of 1 hour and cost £50 in total!!!

The Bowen treatment undo the muscle from the outside of the body then the spine right itself, much safer and quicker healing.

More details if you do a search on google for your local area, here one of them.

My friend who couldn't play lawn bowls for 2 yrs because of frozen shoulder problem and nobody could help until he went to the Bowen treatment and started playing bowls the following week, would've saved him a lot money has he known about it.

Thanks very much for your suggestions both of you, I'll give them a go. Don't know how I knackered it, but I need to fix my back soon....it's been driving me crazy!

Sponsored Links
Agreeing with Masona, my dad sees a chiropractor, and seems to need a few appointments a year: doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.

However disagreeing with that, my mum saw the very same practitioner with a hip problem, and one appointment sorted her out fully.

So it would seem that it depends on the person and/or the complaint as to what is successful.

On occasion I get an ache in my back, I find stretching helps, especially when lying on the floor.

Chiropractor is just witch doctor stuff the one i went to even said to me that the bone cracking stuff was just ******--he forgot he had been doing it to me !!!!!

I went to a Physiopherapist who told me straight away what was wrong and even arranged me to see a surgeon--popped disc--she even told me which one it was and when i had the scan she was spot on.

The Chiropractor was a prat !!!!!

must be a getting older problem, when young i used to lift heavy weights with no problems at all , now i have to be far more careful, with prepatory warm up exercises and the rest.
also once the back has been weakened it's easier to put it out next time.

ask the doctor for the leaflet on preventative exercises that give some protection towards injury but above all know your limits as you get older and don't let an employer bully you into doing anything you consider could do yourself harm. bit of common sense goes a long way.

It's worth going even if you do feel alright!!!!

You do feel great afterward and I have adjusted my car seat to a lower position because somehow I felt taller :D

I think Osteopathy is the way to go. A lot more empathic than a chiropractor who seem to crash, bang, wallop on the bones and see you later. My Osteopath spends about 45 minutes doing deep tissue massage and only cracks me if necessary.
Some problems build up over years so it is unlikely that a single treatment will do the trick. Different visit for a different layer as it were.
Does wonders for me and many others. About £30 a visit.

my back was knackered from two very bad assaults while i was a copper. tried various crap physios and chiropractors who cracked all the bones made you feel great and then it always went back the way it was. I then found an absolutly superb physio, who changed my life literally. i had a misaligned pelvis for 5 years and i couldnt stand on one leg (fell over in shower or putting trousers on etc) He spotted it and sorted it in no time permanently. the thing to remember when you do your back in is to start gently exercising it straight away. As your body heals the muscles around the joints in your back heal in a position to protect them. They will always ge back to that position once healed. ie if you spent a few days laying to one side after an injury the muscles heal around the problem and shorten or lengthen to cope with it and protect the problem. A chiropractor can put you back in position but the muscles will quickly just force the injured area back to the position it was again. Whereas a good physio should free the joint and then give you exercises to start to train the muscles to loosen and go back to the correct position permanently. Hence my money is always on them! good luck with it

masona said:
I have adjusted my car seat to a lower position because somehow I felt taller :D

Wearing high heels has the same effect on me :D

I hurt my back about 15 years ago lifting one end of a steel girder and have had occasional problems ever since. A couple of years ago I started having back massage from an aromatherapist and have kept it up about twice a month because I love it!! I have far fewer problems now.

oh and i forgot to add, once you get it moving the best thing for it is exercise and more exercise!

how true, the worst thing for a bad back is to 'rest' it.

Sponsored Links
Back