aches and pains

Referred pain (where the pain appears in a part of the body that is not responsible for the pain) is really awkward to diagnose.

I had a UTI recently that I had antibiotics for. A day or so after finishing the antibiotics, I got a pain in my right side, below my ribcage. I was swimming at the time and just put it down to twisting in the water.

It got worse and then appeared in my left side below the ribcage again. Then it spread round my back. Like a really bad lower back ache. Then I got a really nasty ache in my RT. Like I'd been kicked there hard.

By this time I'd twigged something bad was going on and called NHS Direct.

I ended up at the emergency Quack at midnight. He diagnosed a UTI spreading to the kidneys and gave me a different antibiotic to take. Referred pain, he said, is really common with UTIs where it spreads to the kidneys. You can often get the sensation of back ache and sometimes pain in the testicles and down the thigh.

Sponsored Links
I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone would sign up to a DIY forum, make 20+ posts, none of which are in any way related to DIY. Why exactly did you sign up to this particular forum?
How is this remotely relevant to the topic?

Munchausen Syndrome, factitious disorder, hypochondriac? Who knows . . .

I find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone with a genuine health condition would ask DiyNot for a diagnosis.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that someone would sign up to a DIY forum, make 20+ posts, none of which are in any way related to DIY. Why exactly did you sign up to this particular forum?
IMG_5634.jpeg

I see you are altering my quotes. STOP IT DORK.

Here's my very first post on this forum:

IMG_5633.jpeg

And here’s yours:

IMG_5632.jpeg

There’s very few reasons why somebody would sign up to a DIY forum and not mention anything about DIY and that’s because they are either (a) A troll or (b) An existing or previous troll member who has rejoined under a different name. Either way, I can’t be arsed with you so on my ignore list you go. Bye troll, sorry, DORK.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
View attachment 319769

I see you are altering my quotes. STOP IT DORK.

Here's my very first post on this forum:

View attachment 319770

And here’s yours:

View attachment 319771

There’s only a couple of reasons why somebody would sign up to a DIY forum and not mention anything about DIY and that’s because they are either (a) A troll or (b) An existing or previous troll member who has rejoined under a different name. Either way, I can’t be arsed with you so on my ignore list you go. Bye troll, sorry, DORK.
Why do you insist on turning a perfectly innocuous thread into an ad hominem attack against someone who's only posted one comment in this thread?
It's bizarre.

Why do you insist on turning a perfectly innocuous thread into an ad hominem attack against someone who's only posted one comment in this thread?
It's bizarre.
Same could be said why ask questions of someone who has you on ignore..

Same could be said why ask questions of someone who has you on ignore..
That's his choice.
It doesn't mean that I have to ignore his comments, nor that I'm not allowed to make a criticism about his annoying habit of launching unprovoked ad hominem attacks against new members because Mottie suspects they may have posted before under a different user name, especially in a perfectly innocuous thread. It must be so annoying for the OPs to see their threads being sidetracked like this.
If someone has resigned their previous username, or been banned, there's no reason why they shouldn't rejoin, as far as I understand it, and as long as the mods allow it.
The fact thant Mottie doesn't like it is tough titty, really.
But why spoil someone's innocuous thread.

That's his choice.
It doesn't mean that I have to ignore his comments, nor that I'm not allowed to make a criticism about his annoying habit of launching unprovoked ad hominem attacks against new members because Mottie suspects they may have posted before under a different user name, especially in a perfectly innocuous thread. It must be so annoying for the OPs to see their threads being sidetracked like this.
If someone has resigned their previous username, or been banned, there's no reason why they shouldn't rejoin, as far as I understand it, and as long as the mods allow it.
The fact thant Mottie doesn't like it is tough titty, really.
But why spoil someone's innocuous thread.
All very fine and dandy but shouldn't that be up to the op to say something, or is it more to do with the fact that you and mottie have 'differences'
Oh the op has you on ignore as well.

@Harry Bloomfield , you probably have a terrible incurable disease called "age" or "old age" if you prefer.
Get up any morning with random pain somewhere.
Ignore it and carry on as normal if you can and in a couple of days the pain will go.
Unfortunately it will appear somewhere else.
Us tradesmen and keen diyer have done some damage to our body and now, despite being young in our brain, we have to put up with our ****show of a body.
Just carry on, unless the pain is unbearable.

Would that not be permanent, this is getting better?
If it gets better and stays better then yes, unlikely to be the hip. However depending on the individual, hip related pain can come and go. If the pain tends to remain, get yourself a docs app and they might refer you if required.

This might sound daft but try sleeping the other side of the bed!!
We are creatures of habit and always sleep the same way, I found it helps with shoulder pain but also helps sore hips.
The only other way is ask your maker for a rewind hahaha

This might sound daft but try sleeping the other side of the bed!!
We are creatures of habit and always sleep the same way, I found it helps with shoulder pain but also helps sore hips.

All almost back to normal today, I got her to rub some of that Voltarol stuff on, for joint pains. Which suggest it was joint pain.

The only other way is ask your maker for a rewind hahaha

If only :)

Sponsored Links
Back