Ibuprofen side effects? altered reality?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had jaw ache since friday night.. not tooth ache, the entire left side of my lower jaw feels like someone twisting a fork in it.. ( so I'm guessing it's a nerve thing like neuralgia )
so I've been popping ibuprofen every few hours when the dull ache starts to ramp back up to stabbing pain ( usually when I move my mouth like when chewing or talking, but not from pressure on the teeth etc.. ).
I've been listening to music on my Ipod every night while I drift off to sleep for the past week or so ( to stop my mind wandering and keeping me up ), but last night I noticed that the songs I usually listen to sounded funny, the voices singing didn't sound right and the songs themselves seemed sped up slightly.. it was weird..

Sponsored Links
Easy on the ibruprofen, can have some dodgy side effects if you are caning them all day long. As you have found out!

Sponsored Links
it's rechargeable and dead batteries would slow a song down on a tape player.. not speed it up.. but I've no idea what the effect on a digital player would be..

speaking of tape.. if I physically cut a song off the end of a 90 minute cassette and splice it onto the start of a new cassette, would it play slower?

the reels turn at the same rate but the outer diameter of the spool of tape gets larger so the speed of the tape through the recording head is faster.

CJ these are very strong and can have a numbing effect on your head, not to mention they are not good for your gut and will cause an ulcer if taken to regularly , maybe other side effects also.

Your better of taking heroin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Joking :LOL:

it's rechargeable and dead batteries would slow a song down on a tape player.. not speed it up.. but I've no idea what the effect on a digital player would be..

speaking of tape.. if I physically cut a song off the end of a 90 minute cassette and splice it onto the start of a new cassette, would it play slower?

the reels turn at the same rate but the outer diameter of the spool of tape gets larger so the speed of the tape through the recording head is faster.

Quite probably.

Cassette tapes were never designed to be physically edited, thats what reel to reel machines were for.

Technovandal.

really? they sold tape splicing kits at our local "Our Price" store for about a fiver..
used it several times to rescue tapes that were chewed up by my brothers car stereo, or the dodgy video player I had as a kid..

I've had jaw ache since friday night.. not tooth ache, the entire left side of my lower jaw feels like someone twisting a fork in it.. ( so I'm guessing it's a nerve thing like neuralgia )

Sounds to me like you've got an abscess in the jawbone under a dodgy tooth. You may need antibiotics.

You really don't want it to be Trigeminal neuralgia.

really? they sold tape splicing kits at our local "Our Price" store for about a fiver..
used it several times to rescue tapes that were chewed up by my brothers car stereo, or the dodgy video player I had as a kid..

I can make you a tool to break into houses through the sliding patio doors, still doesnt mean your supposed to do it :cool:

I had an 8 track Grundig, using 1/2" tape. Those were the days.

The speed of the tape across the recording/pickup head remains constant, due to the pinch roller in the mechanism.
Simple physics dear ColJack.
Agree with Joe, it could well be an abcess.

it's started to migrate to the upper teeth now too.. just the one at the back so far, but painfull enough that I've been up all night with a mouthfull of cold water ( sip, pain stops, wait, pain starts to come back , spit, sip, repeat.. )..

I phoned the dentist and they can't get me in until 3pm..
you'd think that they'd reserve the first hour ( or 2 on monday / day after bank holiday ) for the urgent cases..
I'd be happy with a quick shot of novocain at the moment so I can get some sleep.. I keep nodding off and either choking on the mouthfull of water or dribbling it down my t-shirt ( or pillow until I decided to get out of bed. )

any ideas where I can get some cocaine drops from ? :)
actually clove oil seems to be the general concencus for pain relief for a few hours, is that a pharmacy thing or would supermarkets carry it?

Oil of Cloves is obsolete. I always found that strong alcohol held in your mouth like you do water was the best thing.

Sponsored Links
Back