bad lines HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm painting my hallway and due to the age of the house the lines between wall and ceiling are not very straight. Should I use decorators caulk to get a better line? Or does anyone have any other tips to get round this problem?

Sponsored Links
Id use caulk if the meeting point is only slightly uneven..Dig out any loose/flaky material..Run a bead & smooth with a wet finger.. bear in ind if its an older property dead straight lines would look out of place ;)

you might consider covinfg to hide the join.

Also, after caulking it, if you carefully paint the floor-wall junction very straight, it will distract the eye from variations in the plaster. In this case best to overlap the ceiling down onto the wall first, then cut in the top of the wall with a smallish, well-loaded brush and thick paint, Steady your arm with the wall and take your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back