Balcony Glass ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure which area this question should go in so I have posted it here...

I am considering fitting a glass sheet and oak handrail for a balcony. This is inside my property. Any advice regarding the type of glass, glass thickness, finishing of the glass, glass fixings etc would be very much appreciated.

Steve

Sponsored Links
The glass will be laminated, the glass supplier will determine the thickness of glass based on the spans and type of fixing (probably 10mm maybe 12mm if a big fella) ie you need to purchase from a glass balcony supplier rather than your local glaziers. There are allsorts of fixings available, you can buy them yourself or find a supplier who will supply the lot. For internal I would think you'd want as clear as possible with no tint so a low iron glass. Lots of shades available though again your chosen supplier will give you the options.

You need to decide what you want it to look like and how its fixed ie frameless or patch fittings etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back