balencing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sorry to sound thick but when balancing the rads the experts say 20 deg difference between the flow and return on the rads using 2 thermometers don't have such things so basically should the return be red hot , hot, or hand hot just as a rough guide thanks

Sponsored Links
Doesn't matter if its hot, red hot or warm.. the key to balance is the similarity between incoming and outgoing...

many thanks for your reply my prob is getting that balance right i start at the closest rad on the run with all others switched of at return end with the feed on when i get the first one hot and the return feels like its ok to me i move on to the next ect ect but as i get to the last ones it all goes to pot and the upstairs go cold, the feed pipe from boiler to the end of the run is very hot but the return is mostly cool or just warm, changed the pump had all rads of n washed them any ideas will be greatly received

neil how did you solve the problem you had with your other posts?

Sponsored Links
i have drained of again took all the rads out and power flushed them hit them with a rubber mallet washed all pipes through after going round tapping them with mallet, i then filled the system through the drain pipe on the feed from out side tap, it seems to have made an improvement all the upstairs rads are getting hot and balanced the prob is now again the 2 down stairs rads that are back to back only get hot half way down no matter how hard i try to balance them if i switch of upstairs they get fully hot, also when i switch of to bleed it seems to get cold very quick like the water has back flowed

last thing i can think of (except sludge)make sure the vent is at least 4 inches above the level of the small tank in your loft, the level of the water will rise when its hot,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back