Ball park figure for through lounge conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are thinking of buying a place with two reception rooms:

Lounge 13'1 x 10'9
Dining Room 14'2 x 11'9

Can anyone give me a really approximate figure for knocking through to create a thru-lounge, so I can budget for it?

Thanks!

Salsa

Sponsored Links
Just knock it down and take the rubbish up to your local tip, then its free.

Before the guys on here can even make a start with this one.
They will want to know
are you looking to do all the work,
some of the work
or none.

Diyisfun, if the guy can't even be bothered to tell us what the construction of the wall is, wether it is load bearing or not, why are we bothering !

Just knock it down and take the rubbish up to your local tip, then its free.

Sponsored Links
Is it a supporting wall? Probably, as a lot of the walls between the ground floor reception rooms are. So you need to factor in an RSJ, acro propping etc, as opposed to just knocking it out and taking it to the tip as suggested by someone else.

How do you plan to finish it - doors? An arch? These all affect price.

I apologise if I was a little vague.

Yes, it is a supporting wall, and will need an RSJ. It will be carried out by professionals, up to a flat plaster finish. We don't want any details/doors. Simple and Clean.

Is it wise to recommend people start knocking down random walls? :)

Not that wise in my opinion. There will always be someone who is broke got no idea etc who will post such a question, get a frankly irresponsible answer like the one given here, then go to B&Q and purchase a sledgehammer and ruin their house!! There are such fools in society!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back