ballpoint pen ink removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Can you tell me how to get ballpoint pen ink off my clothes dryer drum? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try turpentine but you MUST wash it afterwards with neat detergent!

luke warm milk may well help shift it! (works on clothes!!)

dot 5 brake fluid will lift ballpoint pen easily......more than a little harmful to other things though. I did a full 3 piece leather suite with it bit by bit, remoisturised it, good as new!!

Sponsored Links
Try Hair spray on a cloth this has worked for me on leather
Best of luck

Helllo,

I just researched this same exact topic. Try this:

Use a dry cleaning solution. Then, mix a mild detergent with luke warm water and blot the ink out. Good Luck!

liz said:
Help! Can you tell me how to get ballpoint pen ink off my clothes dryer drum? Thanks.

Acetate like the acetate in nail polish remover will take it right out. I would wash it out after that with a little detergent in warm water. This will get even the nasties blobs out. :D

:D Nail Polish remover will remove the ink from the dryer drum. You may want to use an sos pad as well for the thick sections. Be sure to clean off remover with a wet cloth after. Good as new. Note: Nail polish remover will also remove permanant marker ink as well from almost anything.

:D Acetone, in the form of nail polish remover just worked for us.

post locked to prevent hi-jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back