bamboo flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to use bamboo flooring in my bathroom it is 17mm thick solid wood laminated ,any reason why I should not do this.???

Sponsored Links
Composed Bamboo (when layered but using same material).
Is fine to use in bathrooms, but still remember: excessive moist will have some impact (but not as much on Bamboo than on solid Oak for instance, reason why we always recommend wood-engineered flooring in bathrooms)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice Woodyoulike there are only two of us no kids, so should be able to keep it reasonably dry.

I laid bamboo in my bathromm around two years ago and it hasn't budged so much as a millimeter read somewhere of a school gym in USA that had been flooded for over a month and was fine when it dried out

Hello,
I'm about to renovate my kitchen, we have chosen Bamboo flooring,do we need to use any type of backing? The type of Bamboo floor we choose is a compressed fiber type with a ceramic top.[/img]

I fixed mine to 4mm ply screwed to the floorboards with plenty of screws (every 6 inches due to the small screws and thin board) so as not to increase the height too much and glued it down with Parquet adhesive, not sure which one but think it was lecol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back