Bankrupt UK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read the other day that Income Tax collected doesn't even cover the amount of benefits paid out. Surely that is proof of an economy is dire straights? I don't know whether that includes pensions or not, but I sincerely hope it does. How can the UK ever pay off the borrowing from the banking crash when it can't even dole out benefits without using up all and more of the money collected by income tax? I guess what it means is EVERY pound you pay in income tax goes DIRECTLY to someone on benefits. Do you resent that? Or is that all hunky dory? Are we going bust big time? What do you think?

Sponsored Links
I heard the same Joe, was on some program or other. it was topic of discussion yesterday in't'tap room.

I was shocked to hear this. Benefit fraud being a huge posion of said taxes. Its about time it was cut out for the long term unemployed/wont work, and the imgrants claiming benefits.

Wish I could fire off to spain and claim benefit in a rented villa. (with pool and on a golf coarse)

Are we going bust,, You better believe it :eek:

not sure of the figures but in times of recession that is always an economic problem with rising unemployment. Income tax isnt the only tax and is provbabaly a small percentage if you take into account corporation tax, vat, etc

Does bankrupt uk and the rise of the far right go hand in hand.Is the history of Germany in the twenties and thirties repeating it self here.

Sponsored Links
Does bankrupt uk and the rise of the far right go hand in hand.Is the history of Germany in the twenties and thirties repeating it self here.

Well you know what they say:

"If you don't learn history's lesson then you are doomed to repeat them."

Have we learned? Seems not.

Just to add fuel to the fire(no pun intended)crude oil is up 65% since the beginning of the year, will this aid or inder the supposed recovery.Just a thought if oil has gone up this much so tax collected from this will help pay for the claimants so perhaps we are not bust after all.

About time the benefits system was overhauled and all these layabouts made to do community work or stopped benefits. So many are scamming claiming disability for bad backs, stress, depression, etc etc.

Anyone not born here with a british passport shouldn't get a penny execept a cattle class plane ticket home.

Don't get me going on the price of oil. :rolleyes:

What about it Joe?

I personally think that oil is running out and that a once cheap and affordable fuel is becoming less abundant and that millions will die as a result and there will be wars and mass killing and riots and people will die and that we will have no more cheap energy and our children will die and that nuclear will no grow quick enough or fusion or reactors and stuff and people will die 'n' that.

What do you think joe?

What about it Joe?

I personally think that oil is running out and that a once cheap and affordable fuel is becoming less abundant and that millions will die as a result and there will be wars and mass killing and riots and people will die and that we will have no more cheap energy and our children will die and that nuclear will no grow quick enough or fusion or reactors and stuff and people will die 'n' that.

What do you think joe?

Considering that you have relatives in the oil industry in the USA - I'm glad you've given us all an insight that we may not ordinarily be privy to.

Damn right. Put a small black 'tache on old Mandy. Don't you think that he would be a dead-ringer for the Fuhrer himself? Sinister bloke all the same!

I wont' get involved in the last couple of posts as we will be all day, so, just to follow up on the start of this thread, What will actually happen if UK PLC actually goes bankrupt?

We go cap in hand to the IMF and then start asking for European hand-outs.

About time the benefits system was overhauled and all these layabouts made to do community work or stopped benefits. So many are scamming claiming disability for bad backs, stress, depression, etc etc.
Heard it all before, the Labour party & the Tories won't do anything about it, maybe because they know the layabouts won't vote them in.

It's their own fault when voters are turning to BNP

Heard it all before, the Labour party & the Tories won't do anything about it, maybe because they know the layabouts won't vote them in.
Many "layabouts" wouldnt know how to vote if they were lead into the polling booth and had their pen held for them. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back