bankruptcy?

Advertise everywhere.

Your a sparks, yes?

Do what you have to, to get by. I'll gladly plumb in washing machines if it earns me a few notes. I'll do literally anything (legally) to make sure Im earning. Travel... just do whatever... earn the roubles.

Get out there... advertise... 1 customer happy will on average tell 4 people your good (if you are).

David.

Sponsored Links
The only difference between self employed and unemployed is that the self employed gets off his arse and works and the unemployed sticks his hand out and takes.

Some years ago I split up with Mrs Secure Mk I.

I was left to pay the mortgage while she lived in it rent free without making any payments. It got to the point where I could not pay for me and the house I was not enjoying, so I had to give up. The RBS (mortgage co.) basically were chasing me for in excess of £33K.

I did not want to face bankruptcy, but the RBS were unrepentent. They wanted their money back from me and me alone, despite the fact that me & my ex had signed the agreement together, "jointly and severally".

I scraped together as much as I could with the help of family (a couple of grand I believe) and told the RBS (via my solicitor) that this was all I could offer them in full and final settlement of my debt and if they would not accept it, I would declare myself bankrupt. Thankfully, they accepted and I was freed from the debt. But I have to say that I believe much of it was of their own making.

As said before, you must go to the CAB. You can negotiate to pay off debts in sensible chunks. Only if all other avenues are exhausted should you even consider bankruptcy.

Sponsored Links
Talking about houses/mortgages has just given me a thought.

Are you/were you buying your previous house before you split up?
Was the mortgage in joint names?
Are you still paying the mortgage or part of it?
If the answer to any of these is 'yes' then have you considered taking your name off the mortgage and signing the house over to your ex?
I know it may be a hell of a loss to take but it will release you from one big debt.

Col, as you said at the start, you don't like airing your washing so if you want to PM me please feel free to do so. Not saying I can be much help but I can always listen and keep stum.

Back