Barbred wire fence step over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back I was watching a movie set in late 1800 or early 1900 England, and it showed the characters on a walk in the fields who came to a fence and cross over it on these steps/boards that looked like they were attached to the fence post. The 3 steps on each side of the fence were longer on the bottom and got shorter at the top. The female characters, who were in full length dresses, were able to easily walk up and then back down the 3 boards, like steps, to cross over the fence.

I live on a farm and would love to be able to build some of these onto our fences in a few spots for me to easily get over the fences. Since they only showed this briefly in the movie, has anyone ever seen anything like this or have any suggestions or design ideas for building it.

Thanks,

Mrs. Fox

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's pretty much what it looked like. I just didn't know what it was called and had never seen something like that. Thanks for the pic. Now maybe I an get my husband to build me one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back