Barrier pipe and gas company

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a service contract with Scottish Gas for my heating and drains. I am building an extension and the plumber, who is corgi registered, has used barrier pipe for central heating and hot water pipes. Someone has said that scottish Gas may not cover this as they had something against barrier pipe.

I tried to contact Scottish Gas to ask them but I spoke to Debbie in a call centre who did not have a clue what I was talking about. She could not direct me to another number for technical help in Scottish Gas and suggested I contact a corgi registered plumber.

Any help most appreciated

Sponsored Links
Debbie has always beem a scatter braim ask to speak to someone else

It usually produces a result if you write a letter !!!

They cannot afford to make a mistake in writing and they have service targets for the length of time to reply.

Tony

I think you may have your wires crossed.

I think they would be more concerned if it was "non" barrier ;)

Sponsored Links
Plastic pipe should be Barrier pipe for a central heating system and as long as fitted properly, cleansed, drained and refilled with fresh water and inhibitor added it is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back