'barrowing in concrete question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

am not going to make my own but getting concrete delivered 3m^3 from a close supplier. Will tell them it will be a slow pour but can you give me an idea will i need about 5 barrows/5 people or more.. im sure the math is simple but more wanting to hear the voice of experience.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Are you going to fit five people and barrows in the garden at the same time? You don't get this many on site all at once

Two will do

Get a company that mixes the precise amount you need and barrows it, and not ready-mix, and these will sort out the labour and you wont pay any waiting time for the wagon

Hi
http://www.mixamate.co.uk/

We used these recently & the service was excellent, maybe a few quid more expensive than a normal delivered load but the concrete is conveyed from the wagon into the barrow so you're not having to shovel it from a big pile on the road.

3 of us done the pour in about 30 minutes, the wagon was about 20 yards away from the pour.

We measured very carefully and estimated we would need 3m cubed, however 2.5m done the job so that's all we got so no spare to have to loose somewhere!

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
I used mixamate for a job few months ago. 3.5m3 which the guy said was equivalent to 150 barrow loads? Its a lot of work to barrow it and lay it. Mixamate have a small tracked dumper on their truck which you can hire for £40. well worth it to save your back and sanity. It carries .25m3 and looks like a digger bucket! Also they have a generous waiting policy and as its mixed as you go, you have a little extra working time as they are mixing the next load. Plus they can mix as little as a barrows worth when you are finishing off.

Total cost was £489 with the vat. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back