BAS wins! (B&Q to close 60 stores)

Don't the Yanks use large, thick paper bags for their groceries? That's what I've seen on the films anyway.
They would biodegrade quickly and therefore would be free!

Of course, I'm assuming the EU mandarins are equipped with common sense.

Trouble is they aqua degrade in the uk before you can get to your cat. Bio-degradable "plastic" bags have been around for ages.

Erm...did you mean car or do you use your moggy as a pack mule??

:eek:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Don't the Yanks use large, thick paper bags for their groceries? That's what I've seen on the films anyway.
They would biodegrade quickly and therefore would be free!

Of course, I'm assuming the EU mandarins are equipped with common sense.

Trouble is they aqua degrade in the uk before you can get to your cat. Bio-degradable "plastic" bags have been around for ages.

Erm...did you mean car or do you use your moggy as a pack mule??

:eek:

I think you are seeing things.

Yes you could have got away with that but for the wonderful 'quote' facility............

;)

Sponsored Links
In my experience, if you can edit your post before anyone else posts a reply the 'Edited' message doesn't appear!

Simple solution is for shops not to provide bags at all. This is the case in France I think, and you only make the mistake of not taking one with you once.

Careful now you'll have people complaining that the EU are forcing them to think rather than complaining the EU is forcing them to pay 5p because they're too lazy or dim to actually take a shopping bag with them.
I think the pollution of plastic is symptomatic of a much greater problem , that of why we use what is potentially one of our longest lasting products , plastic , for so many disposable items.
Best thing to do is put your carrier bags on eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collectab...492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9c2e56f4
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/retro-tes...713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c990f2199

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-B...231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d9b18377

All have prices starting well above 5p.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
In light of the B & Q news, some commentator on the radio the other day mooted that DIY was actually a fad, who's time had been and gone.

Thinking about it, he may have a point.
People of my old man's vintage did not so much "DIY", but their own work around the house (probably because those that did, had the skills, but not the disposable cash).

Roll on the nineties, with Carol Smilie telling everyone that they could become property magnates with a bit of bodging; the sheds filled that newly-expanding market (certainly, a friend of mine who used to buy wrecks, do them up, then sell them for profit said that the profit went out the game around that time, with dewey-eyed young couples bidding up said wrecks at auction).

DIY has become GSI (Get Someone In) :D

The DIY trade is very much dependent on the number of house sales.

People buy a house, and want to change it or tart it up.

Not much trade in houses now, and it's very difficult for a young person or couple to buy. If they rent, or are homeless, they won't be DIYing.

BTW there is already a thread "60 B&Q stores to close." A nutter like handy might whine that there are now two.

There is John, bu this one was posted first :)

DIY is not going to be a fad whilst I am still alive & able.
Well, apart from plastering the hallway, needs complete ripping off of the old stuff & starting anew - beyond me lol

Sponsored Links
Back