Base of Gala toilet leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Our toilet has become loose at the floor and has a small leak.

I know I have to shut off the water, dismantle the toilet then reseat the base on a new wax seal but I can't see how to dismantle the toilet.

There are two holes on each side of the base, but shining my torch in there shows nothing but darkness...I thought there might be screws to undo.

I don't know the exact toilet model but I can tell you it has a push button flush that performs a full flush if you push both halves at the same time.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Your toilet is leaking from:

1. The bottom of the cistern where it joins the toilet.
or
2. The rear of the toilet, on the pan connector.

The 2 holes in the base of the toilet are for fixing to the floor.

Does it leak all the time or only when you flush it?

Post some pictures.

Andy

Reseat the toilet on a new wax seal.....? :confused:
The holes on the side (presumably they are horizontal) are for connecting the pan to metal brackets screwed to the floor. A crazy idea, and often left out due to the problems with marking out.
Thats maybe why the pan came loose in the first place?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I can't post pics as at work.

The leak is a constant but extremely slow leak from the base of the toilet where it meets the floor.

You can physically twist the base of the toilet around the floor and I was under the impression the base needs tightening and a new seal between floor and base.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back