Baseboard water heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting banging from my baseboard water heating system. I've bled all the valves at each baseboard with slight short-term improvement. The 3'' tall FLOW-TROL air release valve on top of what looks like a pressurizing tank is blocked. I have the replacement valve and want to know what I need to turn off before I unscrew the old valve. Also which side of the system should the zone controls be on, front or back and where do I introduce the pipe cleaning chemical since I'm sure this is also required.

Sponsored Links
this is a UK website and our plumbing and heating methods are different to yours.

banging pipes might be expansion and contracting (if so, clip them to the wall, or ease them is they are rubbing on joists or floors in tight holes) or it might be thermostatic valves shutting with a bang due to water pressure. If this is the case it will stop for a while if you change the setting up (so they are wide open) or down (so they are tight shut). older TRVs can bang when the are just on the poiint of closing and the water pressure grabs them (like a door blowing shut in the wind).

other bangs are more likely to come from scale or other deposits in the boiler, where they will be loudest, though the noise may travel along the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back