Basic Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry is these should be common sense but I do like to check.

If the alarm is set in 'Silent Arm' mode, if a zone is triggered it will alarm but the internal sounder or the external sounder will not go off?

Once telephone numbers have been programmed in, in the event of ANY alarm the number will be called?

Before trusting the system, I want to do some 'real life' testing without annoying the neighbors!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Not sure which system you are referring to, but:

Silent Arm generally means that no exit tones will sound from the system speakers while the system is arming. This is generally used at night in order that you do not wake those already sleeping while setting the system.

Telephone numbers and triggers are generally system dependent.

silent arm, means you dont disturb people whilst arming the alarm.

We talking Texecom Elite?

you can turn off the sounders in the programming so they don't sound, or put the zones into soak test, so they will activate, register but not cause an alarm.

after the soak test has expired (default 14 days) the system will revert to normal and activations will cause alarms.

no alarm, should = no trigger of the dialler.

depends on how and what you want to "TEST"

Sponsored Links
What I am looking for is to be able to set the alarm so that in the event of it actuating it does not activate the external sounder.

I am not confident that I have configured properly and tested it thoroughly to be able to set it and go away on holiday for a month.

As long as the comGSM trips and sends a SMS I would be happy.

In that case just disable the sounder

on the elite, area programming, area options, bell and strobe output off

dont post your plans, dates times, or jollies online.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back