Bath handles aftermarket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old lady dying of ovarian cancer wants pink suite taking out and a bath with handles so she doesn't have to pull herself up using the taps (which I have warned her about).

I just happened to have a screwfix metal bath in stock but could I find handles to fit to it aftermarket?

Loads of people stock humungous butt uggly grab rails, but this lady doesn't want it to look like that sort of situation, and it isn't yet.

Anyway in the end i have decided on the MKM Azur bathroom suite for £160 plus vat their acryslic bath has handles. And the basin is two hole (which seems rare these days) so she can keep her quality taps and the junk supplied can go to the scrap yard.

I emailed one company "do you sell bath handles?" "do you mean grips?" am I asking for something only martians use or something?

anyway they link me to thes ehorrible uggly handrails which would look at home in a hospital corridor. Idiots!

Don't they realise there are loads of people geting older and more infirm who just need a handle to help them up?

It's just the same with heating controls and tv remotes, no consideration of the old.

Sponsored Links
How about using a door handle, something like http://www.screwfix.com/prods/95865...e-D-Pull-Handle-Concealed-Fix-Aluminium-225mm

Okay, That one is brushed aluminium rather than chromed, but you get the idea....

Oh, and-
221.jpg

Difficult to lose down the back of the settee too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back