Bath hot water tap faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The hot water coming out of our bath tap is lacking pressure to the point when it hardly comes out at all. Hot water from the rest of the taps in the house work fine.

I check the hot water valve under the bath tap and it opened/closed with no issues.

How can I resolve this please? Can I repair the existing bath tap or with new washers maybe or do I need to replace the unit?

Cheers!

Tom

Sponsored Links
washers probably stuck shipmate.

isolate supply, dismantle tap, replace washer.

gloat to your missus that you're a diy god

Thanks Alz0r for the quick response.

However, I just went to isolate the supply and hot water still trikles out of the tap and when I turn the screw on the hot water isolating valve water comes out of it a little bit so I guess that's had it as well.

The hot water tank is full of water and there are no more valves to turn off so do I have to drain the tank and then replace the flexible hose?

Thanks again,

Tom

Arew other hot taps ok.
Could have a piece of s**** gone down the pipe if problems on all hot supplies

Sponsored Links
The bathroom sink and kitchen sink hot taps all work alright.

I swapped the valves over on the bathroom taps and it makes no difference. The hot water still comes out like a dribble.

I think it must be the valve on the flexible hose so I will look at that next.

Cheers,

Tom

The valve on the flexible hose dribbles very slightly so I guess it's losing pressure there. Will replace and see what happens!

Cheers,

Tom

After replacing the flexi hose/valve the water pressure has been restored. Will keep an eye on it, however, at least we can run a bath now.

Thanks for your help chaps!

Cheers,

Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back