Bath mixer tap stuck

Min

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The lever that changes the water flow from mixer tap to shower head has become stuck.

This happened a few weeks ago and I managed to free it by dismantling the top and descaling it with white vinegar. Now it has jammed again.

I shall try the descaling again but I wondered if there was anything else I can do to prevent this.

This is an incredibly stupid question but is there some sort of underwater lubricant that will protect the parts from scale and wear?

Thanks folks.
M

Sponsored Links
You have to take it apart,normally undo the nut in front of the lever,then you will see a lever which push plate washer up and down,might need new washer or cleaning etc..

As for scale problem,the only way is to fit a electronic scalewatcher.

See this for more info.I do know this one have a very good write up and the only one with a money back guarantee.

Thanks for the sound advice MasonA - I'll try that. And will go for the Scalewatcher too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back