Bath not filling up with hot water with combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Before going on holiday I was able to fill a bath with hot water. On our return we found we weren't able to fill the bath so we call warm front who suggest we turn the tap down!

The other taps seem to behave OK ie hot for a while then cools slightly then warm/hot. It just seems with the bath the problem is worst.

surely the combi should be able to maintain a fairly hot flow (I am sure it did before our holiday)

The engineer from homefront said the boiler was fine but he was a bit quick and didn't attempt to fill the bath, THat was my fault for not insisting but he thought the boiler is fine and it was the pipe work! But it is only 1 metre from the bath to the boiler and the water can gush out if we turn the tap full on. The cold water tap is turned off at all times.

So doesn't anyone know what the problem could be... so I could suggest to the engineer what to look for should he come here again.
Pressure seems fine but when the boiler light comes on that the moment it seems to cool off.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
it hot, then cold , then warms up again so alternates between the two

how do I check the Plateheat exchanger is furred up

run the hot water at your sink

keep letting it run

turn it off

try the wash basin

if it is ok at these 2 then most likely you will have to run the bath slower as it is the same hot water that comes out all these taps

Sponsored Links
water comes out of any tap at a warm, then cold then warm pattern.. I am trying to persuade the engineer to come out and look at it again.. thanks for your reply.

It sounds as if the system was not power flushed when the boiler was fitted and dirt has got into the plate heat exchanger.

Knowing the boiler make and model would help us to best answer your question.

Tony

boiler make and model is?

Might not be the heat exchanger. OP said boiler OK before he went on holiday. On return boiler not OK. Cannot see how 'overnight' the heat exchanger is going to scale up, especially if boiler has not been used while he has been away from home.

:D I'll send a postcard next time :D

Engineer been and has replaced the heat exchanger sensor and that has seemed to fix the boiler.

The boiler was a ideal isar HE

Engineer been and has replaced the heat exchanger sensor and that has seemed to fix the boiler.

The boiler was a ideal isar HE
:eek:
If he did a good job and was not too expensive, keep his number, you will need it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back