bath pop up waste...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a problem with a bath pop up waste. when closed and bath full the plug does not seem to be closed properly and the bath is emptying?

Sponsored Links
is the seal damaged.
is it adjusted right ?

quite a few different types about.

HI

1.try to adjust the height of the waste
2. replace the rubber seal

it's a pop up waste and overflow combined... the plug has an adjustable screw underneath which doesn't appear to be attached to anything and you can lift out.

Sponsored Links
It's a Bristan unit...
'the screw is the adjustment which determines how low the plug can sit in the plug hole'... so, what do you suggest I do to make sure the plug fits tight?

Thanks... the full story is; we are having some serious internal work which includes the fitting of a new family bathroom (shower/bath/wc/underfloor heating etc.). So, I guess I will get the plumber to sort it out, just wanted to understand if the problem had been come across in this forum before. Thanks all for prompt replies...

if the adjusting screw is not screwed in far enough, the plug will not seat properly.

the pop-up lever works by pushing on the end of this bolt to lift the plug. If the bolt sticks out to far it holds the plug up

If the plug does not seal even if you take the bolt out, then it is the seal and possibly the rubber ring at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back