Bath Screen Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to fit a bath screen but am concerned that the wall I will fit to is a tiled lath & plaster and that it may not be strong enough to support the screen - would be too much to hope for that I hit a support!
Any suggestions which fittings I should use?

Sponsored Links
Lights,
I assume that your shower screen would have pre-drilled holes for fixing anyway, so if it was me, I would offer up the screen to the wall,plumb and mark where the holes would need to be drilled into the tiles, and then drill through the TILE ONLY. Once you've drilled through the tile, you could push a pointed braddle through the plaster and see if you hit wood. If you do, whether it's a support or a wooden lath, it doesn't matter, because either will give a good strong fixing position.... But if you do go into a void, then there are a lot of different cavity fixing plugs available..... But hey, ;) i'm sure you'll hit timber all the way, and also, a good lath and plaster wall in my opinion is far stronger than a plasterboard wall anyday.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back