BATH SCREEN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been asked to do something with a shower fitted under sloping roof on a loft conversion.Shower had a 780 X 1180 tray but not full height for a shower door or enclosure.Was thinking of using a bath screen [750 X1500] across end of shower [to form right hand wall] and a sliding 1500 bath screen to form a front wall/door? Trouble is can't find a screen wide enough to span the gap [needs a minimum of 1150mm] . Shower on left hand wall is mounted around 1600mm and user is only 1550mm tall, quite short [or she wouldn't be able to use the shower at all]
Or any other suggestion [apart from shooting the builder]

Sponsored Links
Anything you do which is not bought with a shower tray will leak, when it does they will be ringing you complaining. Leave this one alone or ask the customer to supply, that way any come back will be down to the customer.

It's not worth ruining your good name for a leak that will happen and cause damage to the floor below.

I was caught out like this years ago, never again.

Andy

I've explained it's risks but she currently is using a shower curtain, so It can't be much worse.She just wants it to look better than it does at present and is not looking for perfection nor expects it. ;)

Just get one made to measure. You can order bespoke shower screens and doors.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure I imagine correctly what you describe but isn't it possible to use 2 sliding screens? Or to build close part of the front opening with glass blocks wall, then install a sliding screen.

Yes can block wall the end or use a fixed screen but the sliding screen would need too mount on the shower wall meaning entry would be at the sloping ceiling end making user duck under ceiling to enter as corner where the two partitions would meet will only be 1500mm.Nothing to mount a second sliding screen against in the open corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back