Bath/Shower Screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having my bathroom upgraded. The bath is a Carronite Neo Classical and the shower screen is a Daryl 053 Triple Panel with a fixed first section and fold out second and third sections. The seals on the fold out sections are substantial to ensure proper sealing in order to cope with the power of the unvented system.

The problem is that the top of the bath dips down towards the centre of the side by about 4mm so that the shower screen needs to be angled down towards the centre. However, then only the second panel will work because the third panel folds out to where the bath side starts to rise again.

The bath is level and the wall is perfectly upright.

The tech at the screen manufacturers had no idea and said they didn't have different sized seals and advised going to a merchants to "see what they'd got!" The bath people were just as unhelpful telling me that "all baths dip in the middle - it's the way that they're made!"

The baths aren't advertised as dipping in the middle by 4mm. nor are the screen advertised as zero tolerance (although that's what it says in the instructions).

I'm out of ideas and would really appreciate any suggestions about how to deal with this situation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back